Did you guys checkout our new college website. No other words.It just rocks. The new CSS is simply superb.Kudos to the members of the webteam. The standard us format of links for students,prospective students,visitors,staff and industries is a welcome addition. Kudos once again guys.
Actually was just looking through my “My Documents” folder and came across a file which I prepared for the designivity contest for Pragyan’07. The problem statement was to design a handy water purifier that works by process of evaporation and condensation to purify water. My design did exactly that and the dumb asses who did the selection for shortlist selected the entries which purified water by fabric filtration and by chemicals for the finals by completely forgetting what the heck the problem statement was. Any way I thought it was good so when I accidentally opened the file, I couldn’t resist the temptation to upload it and share. Just have a look at the document Purijug and see a genius at work!!! LOL!! Just Kidding.
Got this through SMS.
Three persons die and go to the gates of heaven. God says from the other side that only one person can enter the heaven and the rest must go to hell. You must give me the reason why you are the person who must go to heaven.
First person says: ” I am a priest. I spread your message to people, so I must go to heaven”. The gates don’t open.
Second person says : “I am a social worker. I spread peace and worked for the upliftment of the society and emancipation of women. So I must go to heaven”. The gates still remain closed.
Third person says : ” I did my B.Tech from NIT,Tiruchy”. The gates open immediately and God lets the person in. The Reason is open for people to guess.
Being at NITT has its own perks as well as pitfalls.
List of things I hate about my college.
1. Location, stuck up in a arid land which is 25kms away from a non existent city called Trichy when other top colleges of TN are in metros.
2. Food at mess. This is not good at any other college either (except VIT of course)
3. Buildings. Could do with newer and fancier ones.
4. Attitude. Though mostly non existent the ones with are big pain in the ass.
5. Professors.Their behavior and carelessness.
6. The I-lab and its speed. Filthy 8Mbps for 100 comps? I have 2Mbps for a single comp at home and working at I-lab is so boring with such slow speeds.
7. Complacence among students in general.
8. Campus roads, cleanliness and cows. God awful.
9. Canteen,Snacky. Old ones were much better. The new contractors charge way too much for food that simply isn’t worth the money.
10. Auditoriums. Though A2,A13,Barn and EEE audi are good nothing nearly comes to standards of SAC and ICSR Main Audi at IITM.
To the things I love about my college.
1. Exposure. Plethora of people to make friends with.
2. Friends. Just too good, their down to earth behavior.
3. Placements. Over 145 companies till now and over 150 double,triple placements in a batch of 450.
4. CSG, Octa and Annex. Nothing to be said. Its a fact that NITT is Asia’s best college in terms of computer infrastructure and that speaks volumes for itself.
5. Events,Functions,Parties fun. Celebration every week.Festember,Pragyan,Nittfest simply too much fun to cope up with
6. Language,behavior of people. Ability to take life as fun among most people on campus.
7. Infrastructure and brand name, which we are here to exploit.
8. Absence of rules. Hostel open to day scis 24*7. No dress code. No ban on mobiles. Heaven on earth.
9. Area span. Biggest college in TN spanning 800 acres. Lot of space to enjoy.
10. Alumni network. simply very useful be it interns, jobs anything. We the NITTians rock.
If you still hadn’t guessed the reason why God let the NITTian in, wait for the next post.
Just in case if you dint know, viva voce is pronounced as veeva voshae and not as viva vose. Had my sem practical exams for 2 days in a row and viva voce for both of them conducted by two (jerks) of a faculty was fun to the core except that your marks get screwed/fucked/raped quite royally.
The blame doesn’t necessarily lie on the inabilities of the students(who don’t give a rat’s ass either!) but mainly on the stubborn meanness and determination to screw among the faculties who actually conducted the viva voce(v.v from now)
Some great questions and answers I picked up when shamefully eavesdropping on others v.v go here.
Q : Expand CAD.
A : Sir,I donno.
Q : So when do you plan to get married?
A : ????????????
(Now if a person doesn’t know to expand CAD, he becomes fit to be married is it?)
Back to viva… it will be continued to part-2…
A recent conversation
So-And-So : Hey da Lu, was reading your blog. Came across that post on your cpc interview. Very funny especially that answer for zeroth law of thermodynamics, but your answer is wrong.
Me: Thanks da mapla. Whats the right answer then?
S-A-S : It was named zero’th law because it was proposed by a scientist called “Zero” or “Zeroth”. I don’t remember the name properly.
So, folks from now Mr.So and So is christened Scientist Sir Zeroth. Agree? everybody?